Ayurveda is a 5,000-year-old system of natural healing rooted in the ancient Vedic culture of India. Ayurveda is the sister science to yoga, literally meaning “the science of life” (Ayur = life, Veda = science or knowledge).
Together Yoga and Ayurveda work toward helping a person achieve health, happiness and longevity. According to both practices, such health is achieved by harmonizing our unique body, mind and spirit composition with the changing cycles of nature.
In this workshop we will explore specific practices that best support your individual rhythms. In understanding your dosha (mind-body type) and how it's reflected in your daily routines and yoga practice, you will leave with clear techniques to best serve your unique nature for a lifetime of health and healing on and off the mat.
Together we will cover Ayurvedic aspects essential to asana, including how to:
• Identify the Five Elements and Three Doshas
• Recognize your Ayurvedic constitution in its balanced state
• Apply Ayurvedic principles to asana
• Discover a diet that best suits your dosha
• Explore the effect rhythms of the day, season and personal life have on both mind and body.
All levels are welcome to join. A dosha questionnaire will be sent to registered participants prior to the workshop to help individualize workshop content.