This lemon almond cake is healthy enough to eat for breakfast but can easily be dressed up for dessert, Like I did this time. I otherwise like to to serve it plain, the perfect accompaniment to an afternoon cup of tea! Either way, it’s a great gluten-free cake that you can have ready to pop in the oven in 15 minutes.
- 2 ½ cups lightly packed almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup whole milk yogurt
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- zest of 1 medium lemon
- ¼ cup olive oil + extra to grease pan
SPICED RASPBERRY COULIS
- 1⁄3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp Spiced Golden Milk Blend
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 lb fresh raspberries
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, baking powder and kosher salt.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together yogurt, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, almond extract and lemon zest.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir to combine.
5. Slowly fold in the ¼ cup olive oil.
6. Line an 8-inch cake pan with parchment paper and coat lightly with olive oil.
7. Transfer the batter to the pan and spread evenly.
8. Place on a rack in the middle of your preheated oven and bake for 35 minutes (or until the cake is lightly browned and a toothpick comes out clean).
While the cake is in the oven, prepare the raspberry coulis.
1. Combine ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
2. Reduce heat to medium low; cook until sugar is dissolved, about 8 minutes.
Top cake with the coulis and enjoy!